MAPPS Presents the 2018 Geospatial Products and Services
Forest Hill, MD (February, 10 2019) -- MAPPS honored members with the 2018 Geospatial Products and Services Excellence Awards as part of their 12th annual Awards Banquet that took place Sunday, January 27, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency Downtown in conjunction with the 2019 Winter Conference in Denver, CO, Jan. 25-28.
The Geospatial Excellence Awards are presented to Regular and Associate Member firms whose entries exemplify the professionalism, value, integrity and achievement of the firm's staff as demonstrated over the previous year. A distinguished and impartial panel of three judges evaluated the submitted projects from eight categories: airborne and satellite data acquisition; photogrammetry/elevation data generation; remote sensing; GIS/IT; surveying/field data collection; small projects; technology innovation; and, licensed data products. A winner was selected for each category with submissions.
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for Airborne and Satellite Data Acquisition to Quantum Spatial, Inc.
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for Photogrammetry/ Elevation Data Generation to Dewberry
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for Remote Sensing to Merrick & Company
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for GIS/IT to Quantum Spatial, Inc.
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for Technology Innovation to RIEGL
- The Geospatial Excellence Award for Surveying/Field Data Collection to Towill, Inc.
- The Geospatial Excellence- Members Choice Award to TerraSond Limited
- The Geospatial Excellence- Project of the